Completed: 2011 Location: Orchard Lake, MI Project Type: Lakefront Estate
Designed to combine all the client’s requested site features and modern amenities within a very naturalistic woodland and lakefront setting. Where some designers may see the landscape incline as a deterrent, Great Oaks embraced the existing terrain and used it to their advantage to create dramatic views to the lake and accentuate the pool.
The pool and lower patio were artfully set into the extreme slope, which created an opportunity for a negative edge pool and waterfall that spills down to the walking path.
- Front yard - Dense, lush, low-structured landscape blends nicely within the wooded setting
- Front yard – two short brick walls frame the front parking court, creating distinction between the parking area and the forested drive in.
- Front yard - The asphalt driveway was created to accommodate numerous vehicles and guest parking while its design minimized the disruption to the site
- Back yard – Pool overlooks natural ponds with fountains
- Back yard - Intricately constructed large limestone walls and terraces
- Back yard - Lower exposed aggregate patio
- Back yard – Jogging path wraps throughout the entire property and wetland. Path connects to a lakeside sand beach and fire pit
- Active open areas for sports and recreation
- Maintained and accented the natural wetlands and wildlife habitat