Set within pristine woodlands in Bloomfield Hills, the homeowners fell in love with this property as they prepared to build their dream home. Their desires included a formal entrance, winding drive, and parking court. In the back yard, the homeowners wished for a resort-like entertainment area that would embrace both the architecture of the home and the surrounding natural setting.
We selectively removed dead and decaying trees from the existing property, working diligently to maintain the integrity of the woodland backdrop, and worked with the natural grade to turn an existing swamp-like wet area into a prominent pond feature. Rather than using walls to create a single level pool deck, this design embraces the difference in grade and enable guests to experience the pool from multiple elevations. The gentle and open terraced design allowed for the creation of cascading water effects and a grand staircase, extending the architecture of the home into the landscape and allowing for grand views of the property.
- A parking court and porte-cochere are bordered by brick walls, tying them in with the existing architecture of the home
- Custom ironwork on railings, gazebo, and fire bowls
- Grid of limestone and grass leads to a 24' x 50' infinity edge pool featuring meticulously arranged glass tiles, a raised spa, and tile inlay of the family crest embedded into the floor
- Pool patio finished with travertine pavers
- A robust custom ironwork gazebo sheltering a grand fireplace and patio
- The plantings surrounding the pool are intentionally simple and refined so that the shapes, patterns, and shadows of the old-growth trees are brought forward to the eye
- Water cascades over deep blue glass tiles from the circular spa into the pool below